Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monthly Challenge - February

Point Value: 1

Find a mission statement or mantra or short quote that is meaningful and inspirational to you.  Print it out, post it somewhere you will see it daily and verbally repeat it at least once a day this month.


"Because I'm good enough,
I'm smart enough,
and, doggonit, people like me."
- Stuart Smalley

Yes, channel your inner Stuart Smalley and create a daily affirmation!  Either create one of your own or borrow one from somewhere else.  Sometimes certain words or phrases or thoughts just really strike us the right way and can be powerful motivators in getting us to stay focused upon and ultimately achieve our goals. 


Find something that defines your motivation; or create a description of who you want yourself to be.  If you’re having trouble coming up with something, try answering these questions:

Why are you doing this?  Why do these goals matter to you?

Here are a few thoughts to get you started:

Find joy in the journey.

“Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.”  –Leonard Cohen

Yesterday I did, today I do, and tomorrow I will.

“Decide what you would become, then do what you have to do." - Epictetus, Roman Stoic

“I will do this.” 

”Make it Happen”

Healthy.  Strong.  Happy.

A year from now, I will be glad I'm doing this today.

There will be no jiggle in my wiggle.

Different things work for different people.  Once you choose your mantra, please share it with us so we can all be inspired!

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment