Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Keith checking in bi-weekly mid February

I am excited for the challenges ahead for the year. Specifically this coming week as we head to Beaver, UT for a snow trip. My plan has been to climb 12,001' peak of Mt. Holly at the out of bounds gate & ride down that. This will be a pretty good physically challenging feat! 2 years ago, I could not have even considered this as 'part' of my day. It would have taken me the entire day and quite frankly it would not have even been somewhat enjoyable.

My bi-weekly progress is coming along very well. I usually ride my bike 8.3 miles to work fri/sat/sun nights & 8.3 miles home sat/sun/mon morning. This equates to 50 miles of riding over the weekend. Then we work out all week. We have been adding a day of swimming at the YMCA into our week I am up to 975 yards of freestyle stroke and 25 yards of butterfly(more like the caterpillar without the wings yet!) I am feeling awesome! We hike a lot also. I figured it out the other day and I excersize about 12 - 14 times a week. I am down to 36.5" around the big part of my waist. This is down from 38". So I am very excited about that! I hope you are all making the most of this opportunity. Next year when you can do more than this year you will feel so accomplished as I do. Plus I don't think Sharon has made it extremely clear but so far there is $100 up for grabs for the winner! Plus I will be making a "Golden Sneaker" Trophy to go to the winner. Get up off the couches everyone! Sitting is over rated!

No comments:

Post a Comment