Monday, February 28, 2011

Sharon's Report

This past week I logged 12 running miles and 16 biking miles.  The week before I only ran 7 but went skiing for about 1.5 hours and played nightly in the pool for 3 days in a row, so that counts for something.  In addition to my running and biking miles, I try to get a high-intensity strength circuit workout in a couple of times a week.  There's a kettlebell-inspired one that Keith and I love and I'll have to video and share it some time soon.  I love it because it can be done at home - I've done it many times in my bedroom! - just using the dumbbells I have and it's quick, feels good and I get results!

I also did several of the bonus challenges:  I told Keith and the girls I love them and I'm glad that they're healthy and happy.  Regan and Zoey just stared at me and blinked a few times, but I think Keith appreciated the words of encouragement.  At least that's what I got from the grunt he gave in response.  The girls and I did an after-breakfast neighborhood walk a few times.  We ate oatmeal for breakfast several times and we always eat at least 1 fruit/veggie with each meal, so we're trying to keep the ol' tickers healthy!

Also, I'm sorry if I was misleading about the points and due dates, etc.  Just to clarify:  The February challenge of choosing and posting a mantra is worth 1 point if it's done by Feb. 28.  The bonus February challenge is 1 point if you do and report doing at least 3 of the listed activities (sorry no extra points for going above and beyond - just a big pat on the back!) by Feb. 28.  And, finally, there are no points awarded by contributing to the cash pot.  The reward for that is just making your potential winnings that much more!  I just gave a due date to spur you into action, but it'll be just fine to send it whenever it's convenient.

I love my family!  I think you guys are great! Oh, and, by the way, I'm glad you're working to improve your health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment