Monday, January 10, 2011

Golden Sneaker Challenge 2011

I want you all to notice the quote there on the right column that I chose to place on the blog.  Here we are at the beginning of the year, all excited (well, some of us more than others) about jumping in and tackling our goals head-on.  Our enthusiasm is in high gear and there ain’t no stopping any of us, right? 

Well, come July I certainly hope we’ll all be feeling the same way but, knowing the way we humans seem to work, I suspect that some of us might be lagging a bit by then.  Of course, I would really love, at that point, for us all to be riding high on a wave of momentum caused by our previous months’ successes and be set to continue sailing on swiftly to finish out the year with a bang!  And I have faith that most of us will be!

This sentiment of Hyrum Smith’s is a good reminder that we’re not just whittling our waists or logging the miles, but we’re also potentially building a LOT of character this year.  We’re not always going to want to enthusiastically jump into our next workout or eat the right thing or be thinking about improving our health during every moment of every day of every week….  But by committing to this challenge and seeing it through – during the tough and easy times - we really are developing our character more than anything else, aren’t we?

I say so.  And I say, let’s get out there and really BUILD SOME CHARACTER this year!!!! 

Oh, and let’s really KICK SOME BUTT, too! 

That just sounds like a better rally cry, doesn’t it?

BRING IT ON!!!

I wish us all the best!

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment