Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sharon's Random Report

I call this a random report because I admit I've kinda lost track of the reporting schedule.  Man, who's running this show, anyway?!  I promise next year I'll be much more organized.  It's been a while since I have reported, though, so I thought I'd say Hi.  So far my Spiritual Strength Challenge is going well.  Mine has been to say my nightly prayers.  I'd been getting quite lazy with this one and so far I haven't missed a night this month, so I now have to finish it out before I can give myself a point.  I've seen that many others of you are doing well.  So keep fortifying spiritually!

I have to say the strength challenge has been just that - a challenge for me this month.  I almost killed myself doing the demo video because my neck is in a bad way.  Many of you have already heard me gripe about it so I'll try to minimize that here.  But I just gotta say: it's killing me!  I had a friend who is a physical therapist look at it yesterday and she said I was pretty messed-up.  She said I was really mal-aligned and it would take some work to get me back to normal.  Sigh.  I guess I have to face the music and get some treatment for it.  She did give me some exercises and stretches to work on in the meantime.

Though I find this injury really, really annoying, it's not a deal-breaker for me.  I WILL be running my marathon in December and I'm still determined to keep our wedding anniversary half-marathon date.  I'm just modifying my workouts best I can and having to watch my food intake more closely because I tend to easily gain weight when my activity level goes down.  So I'm trying to be physically strong this month as well - just more in my own way!

I'll be issuing the final phase of the Strength Challenge this week.  Maybe now that you all know the pain and difficulty I went though to demonstrate these exercises, you'll be more likely to do them so that my supreme effort wasn't in vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment