Sunday, April 3, 2011

April's Monthly Challenges

In creating this challenge, I was inspired by two things that happened this week:  our wonderful General Conference and a comment from my awesome sister, Jenny.   Jenny sparked things off for me when she mentioned resting from exercise one night last week to work on her spiritual strength by going to the temple.  Then with the boost I always get from the fantastic conference talks, I thought it would be great to challenge both our physical AND spiritual strength this month.  So, this month's challenge has several parts.  I'll break them down so hopefully it won't get confusing.

There will be several possible points to be earned this month.  Try to earn them all, of course, but even earning a few will still keep you in the running!

April's Spiritual Strength Challenge:

Point Value:  1

Choose a spritual goal to focus on this month that will help fortify your spirituality.  Select something that can be achieved within this month (but feel free to continue the behavior indefinitely!) and that will actually push you to better yourself.

Some possible examples:

  • Achieve 100% visiting/home teaching this month.
  • Read scriptures every day this month.
  • Say personal prayers every day this month.
  • Go to temple ____ times this month.
  • Take time to read the entire Ensign cover to cover.

These are just some things I thought of, but if you're already on top of all these and on the cusp of being translated, then you'll have to come up with something that will challenge you, personally.  Sorry, no extra (earthly) points for doing more than one activity.  To get the point, you must report by April 30 what you accomplished.

April's Physical Strength Challenge:  TBA tomorrow!  It involves a video!  Exciting stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Alright so I have been really trying hard to remember my morning prayers as well as night prayers. I would say about 90% successful at this but we are only half way through the month. I started my VTing again though and actually took Bryce with me which I hate doing. So there we have it I am trying and it is hard but as long as I try I am achieving it.

    ReplyDelete