Friday, February 17, 2012

Not-So-New Year's Resolutions

Goal.  Ambition.  Mission.  Intention.  Objective.  However you want to refer to it; it’s time to formalize it.  I know we’ve all heard this sentiment before:

A goal is nothing but a wish until we write it down and create a plan of action.
Many of you expressed that, while you  probably would like to set your own main goal, a few suggested sub-goals would also be appreciated.  This this year, it’s all about choices.  In order to participate in the 2012 Golden Sneaker Challenge, you must:

Choose at least 1 of the following:

1.        Create your own health-related goal.

2.       Create a “healthy bucket list,” which includes 3 (no more, no less) things you plan on accomplishing this year that will help you make it healthier.

3.       Choose at least 2 goals from the provided list to work on this year. (Will be included in tomorrow’s blog post).

I, personally, plan on doing all 3.  Because I am just that unstoppable.  I will include my goals because all participants must do so and this will also give you an example to follow, if needed:

1.        (My main goal just happens to be weight-loss-oriented this year) Lose and maintain 10 pounds – or 2 clothing sizes – whichever makes me feel my best.

2.       A. Learn to play chess (mental health, yo.) B. Try at least 3 new types of workouts/exercises this year.  (I already know I want to try spinning, paddleboarding and TRX training… maybe more!)  C. Read the Book of Mormon by June (good way to improve spiritual health while answering a challenge from our Stake President).

3.       A.  Exercise at least 12 times each month (Of course I plan on more, but this is the absolute, bare-bones minimum that I will MAKE SURE I do each month!)  B.  Stop eating after 9 p.m.

Next blog post, TOMORROW (so check back), will be a list of suggested goals for those of you who select #3.  So get going, start thinking of your plan of attack.  I will be nagging you to submit something by the last day of February.  Hey, you even get an extra day this year!

2 comments:

  1. I plan to use this year to prepare myself for a grueling 2771 mile mountain bike ride using primitive roads along the continental divide from Banff, Ca to Antelope, NM (mexican border). I plan to accomplish this by continuing to ride my bike to work & by going on a very long ride once a week (distance to be determined yet). I hope to ride thru Death Valley this year & climbing Mt. Whitney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's quite the bucket list! You can do it, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete