Monday, June 6, 2011

Report From The Next "Extreme Couponer"

Well, I did accomplish both challenges this month.  I did plenty of gut-sucking.  Easy challenge, huh?  If you didn't do it... well, then, you're just plain lazy, aren't you?!  Yeah, I said it!  Did anyone besides me do it???  You have to report in or you don't get the point!

I also organized my couponing system and that has helped a lot with my weekly shopping.  I'm not saving 98.3% on my grocery bill like those extreme couponing freaks just yet, but I feel that I'm saving the most I possibly can by having my coupons at the ready to pair them up with the stores' sales.  Some weeks are better than others and this one was a good one because I saved about 45% on my groceries.  Score!

I found a website couponing101.com that I like and followed her method of setting up a couponing system (I commandeered Keith's unused Franklin Planner binder so now I'm one of those zealots who roams the grocery aisles with her big black notebook stuffed with the weekly ads and dozens of coupons).  I do have to dedicate some time each week to clipping and filing coupons and printing off the printable coupons.  And making my shopping lists is a bit more strategic so it takes more thought than it used to, but, for us, it's been worth it so far.  Sorry to blab, but just wanted to pass that along.
 
And I know I've made empty promises before, but I'm hoping to be sincere when I say this month's challenge will be coming this week... with a video!  (That's always the hold-up).

So in the meantime, keep doing your ab bracing and be ready for.... some planking!

Deets to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment